What is a Leaders Lab?
An AFCOM Leaders Lab is a think tank comprised of data center professionals across the United States who explore solutions and develop responses to the most critical issues facing data centers today.
- Green IT/Sustainability for Data Centers
- Data Center Capacity Optimization and TCO
- Data Center Management Software
- IoT, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Exclusive gatherings of thought leaders driving innovation, education, and advancement of data center technologies.
The AFCOM Leaders Lab groups will meet in four cities across the U.S. to tackle some of the industry’s most pressing challenges. And, their work will be shared with their peers during a keynote session at Data Center World Global in March, 2019.
→ Read what participants can expect at a Leaders Lab.
Watch the presentation below to learn more about AFCOM Leaders Labs
I’m not an expert on the Lab’s topic. Can I still participate?
Yes! The only person we expect to be an expert on the Lab topic is the Lab Advisor – our Featured Speaker - who we worked with to develop the Leaders Lab program. If you received an invitation to participate, we already deem you as qualified to participate. If you did not receive a direct invitation, please see if you qualify through our interest form.
I work on the IT side, not the facilities side. –OR-- I work in facilities, not in IT. Can I still participate?
Absolutely! The ultimate goal is to create a fully inclusive and comprehensive AFCOM whitepaper that covers all aspects, perspectives, and considerations for the topic. Representation from various roles in the data center is crucial to make the Lab discussions that much richer, and the learning that much deeper.
I am not permitted to talk specifics about my data center. Will I have enough to share? Can I still participate?
No AFCOM Leaders Lab participant is required or expected to share confidential or proprietary information about their company. Leaders Lab participants are attending with the understanding that no one is expected to give away their data center’s secret sauce. We respect, honor, and encourage the strict enforcement of all privacy laws, regulations, and overall ethical behavior.
My company will not allow me to be listed as an author on a whitepaper. Can I still participate?
Yes, we would still like for you to participate. Your contributions will still be valuable even if we cannot quote you or list your name and company on the whitepaper.
- Participants will include 18 invited end users and 3 vendor participants in each city
- Meetings will be hands-on and problem-solving in nature
- Each group will examine one specific topic and will create one tangible deliverable for the industry
- Attendees will be invited based on qualifications and their willingness to participate in the full lab experience
- Vendor sponsors will participate in the full lab experience, alongside end users, as co-authors of the deliverables
- Tech writers will attend each lab in order to help groups produce the final deliverables
- Each lab will be led by a Lab Advisor/Subject Matter expert and guided by Table Leaders and a DCI Board Member
The resulting deliverables from each group will be Data Center Institute *Certified* and outputs will be presented live at the 2018 Data Center World Global event, in conjunction with the Data Center Institute State of the Industry Survey.